The Onkyo TX-SR508 is a lower mid-range A/V receiver with 7.1 channel compatibility at 80 watts per channel. It features a few improvements over its younger brother, the Onkyo TX-SR308, its 7.1 channel compatibility being one of them. It also boasts an additional HDMI 1.4a port (for a total 4), Sirius satellite radio readiness and Dolby ProLogic IIz decoding.
The TX-SR508's HDMI 1.4a compatibility enables it to handle 3D video between a 3D capable Blu-Ray player and a 3D capable HDTV while also enabling support for Audio Return Channel which allows for two-way audio transmission over HDMI on top of one-way HD video transmission, eliminating the need for a S/PDIF cable for your TV. Its Dolby ProLogic IIz decoding provides the TX-SR508 with higher-quality audio reproduction. Additionally, the TX-SR508 is Sirius satellite radio ready right out of the box (with a valid subscription).
- 7.1 channel compatibility at 80 watts per channel
- 4 HDMI 1.4 inputs
- 3D video support
- Audio Return Channel for two-way audio transmission over HDMI
- Sirius satellite radio ready
- TrueHD/DTS-HD decoding to support the latest Blu-ray technology
- Dolby ProLogic IIz decoding