The Onkyo TX-SR505 is the entry model of their 2007 lineup of 7.1 channel A/V receivers with 75 Watts per channel that includes HDMI, and component video switching. There are 2 HDMI 1.3a pass-trough inputs supporting 1080p. There are also 3 component video inputs with 50 MHz bandwidth able to display 1080i and 720p video signals. This model does not support upconversion of video sources to either HDMI or component video outputs, and also requires a separate hookup for the audio portion of HDMI sources.
The TX-SR505 features 2 optical and 2 coaxial digital inputs along with 5 RCA stereo inputs. There are 7 sets of binding post speaker connector terminals for hooking up your 7 amplified speaker channels. This receiver also support up to two zones of stereo (A-B) with spring-clip connector terminals for Zone B.
- HDMI 1.3 Video Pass Through (2 in 1 out)
- HDMI Deep Color Capable (36bit)
- Component Video HDTV-Capable (50 MHZ) Video Switching (3 in 1 out)
- WRAT/ Optimum Gain Volume Circuitry/ Non-Scaling Configuration/ A-Form Listening Mode Memory/ RI
- Audyssey 2EQ Room Acoustics Correction
- 7.1 Multichannel Inputs for PCM Delivery of Hi-Def Audio Sources
- DOLBY Decoder - PLIIx, DD, DD-EX
- DTS Decoder - DTS, ES, NEO:6, 96/24
- S-Video (3 in 1 out)
- Digital Audio IN (OPT/COAX) 2/2
- Composite (4 in 1 out)
- Power 75W/Ch
Available in black and silver.
Add New Resource