The Onkyo TX-SR309 is an entry-level 5.1-channel A/V receiver similar to the Onkyo TX-NR509. A more basic version of the TX-NR509, the TX-SR309 sports fewer HDMI inputs (3 as opposed to 4), lacks Ethernet connectivity and Audyssey 2EQ technology while offering 65 watts per channel as opposed to the TX-NR509's 80 watts. However, the TX-SR309 sports the same HDMI 1.4a technologies as the TX-NR509 as well as a front panel USB port, 4 DSP gaming modes and Advanced Music Optimizer technology.
The TX-SR309's HDMI 1.4a ports allow it to handle current 3D media while offering Audio Return Channel technology which eliminates the need for a separate S/PDIF audio connection. Its 4 DSP gaming modes allow the TX-SR309 to offer optimal sound quality for any type of game, featuring Rock, Sports, Action, and Role Playing settings. Meanwhile, the TX-SR309's Advanced Music Optimizer improves the quality of low-bitrate lossy audio files such as MP3.
- Three 1080p capable HDMI inputs (V1.4a)
- 4 DSP Gaming Modes: Rock, Sports, Action, and Role Playing
- New On-sceen display via HDMI
- Burr-Brown DACs for improved jitter and clearer sound
- Direct digital connection of iPod/iPhone via Front-Panel USB Port
- Advanced Music Optimizer technology
- 5.1-channel audio at 65W per channel