The Onkyo TX-NR905 is the flagship receiver of Onkyo's latest line of receivers (see the feature-packed/value price TX-SR605). This receiver includes a Reon HQV video processor that will up-scale all video input sources to 1080p. The TX-NR905 is a 7.1 channel A/V receiver with 140 Watts/channel supporting HDMI 1.3a. It has a high-current power supply with a massive toroidal transformer and THX Ultra2 certification.
The TX-NR905 boasts similar specifications as the Onkyo TX-SR875 but adds 1) HD radio support, 2) ethernet connectivity for extensive networking support, 3) USB connectivity for portable media players, and 4) a high-current power supply with a massive toroidal transformer.
- MSRP: $2099
- Full A/V Processing via HDMI 1.3a with Upconversion (4 in 2 out)
- HDMI Deep Color Capable (36bit)
- Component Video Upconversion and HDTV-Capable (100 MHZ) Video Switching (? in 1 out)
- WRAT/ Optimum Gain Volume Circuitry/ Non-Scaling Configuration/ A-Form Listening Mode Memory/ RI
- HQV Reon-VX Video Processing and NSV Precision Video
- Audyssey MultEQ XT Room Acoustics Correction
- 7.1 Multichannel Inputs for PCM Delivery of Hi-Def Audio Sources
- DOLBY Decoder - PLIIx, DD, DD-EX, TrueHD
- DTS Decoder - DTS, ES, NEO6, 96/24, HD Master Audio
- THX Ultra2 Certified
- S-Video (5 in 2 out)
- Digital Audio IN (OPT/COAX) 3/2
- Composite (5 in 2 out)
- 7.1 Preouts
- Burr-Brown 192/24-bit DAC on all Channels (TI Architecture (PCM1796))
- Power 140W/Ch
- Powered Zone 2 with Video Balance Volume and tone control
- Zone 3 Line Out
- Bi-Amp & BTL Capable
- Dual Push-Pull Amp with 3 stage inverted
- Toroidal Transformer and Seperate Transformers for processing.
- XM and Sirius ports
- XM HD Surround Sound through Neural Surround
- Networking Capabilities via Onkyo's e-Control System for Internet Radio and WMA
- Built-in HD radio receiver
- RIHD (Remote Interactive over HDMI) communication protocol
The Onkyo TX-NR905 is now available in stores, retailing for $2099.