The Onkyo TX-NR808 is Onkyo's mid-range A/V receiver (of three meant to launch in July of 2010), meant to come in second to the Onkyo TX-NR1008. Although the TX-NR808 lacks the TX-NR1008's 9.6 channels (sporting 7.2 channels), its reduced price point makes this a worthy trade-off. Otherwise, the TX-NR808 sports the same variety of ports, inputs and outputs, including: 7 HDMI inputs and 2 outputs (V1.4a repeater), THX Select2 Plus Certification, USB inputs, iPod/iPhone compatibility, TrueHD/DTS-HD decoding and a PC input.
The TX-NR808 is powered by two advanced 32-bit DSP chips and low-jitter 24-bit Burr-Brown DACs capable of producing extremely high quality audio when paired with equally high quality speaker setups. When paired with its compatibility with a variety of audio devices (CD, iPod/iPhone, DLNA streaming, satellite radio) and formats (MP3, WMA, WMA Lossless, FLAC, WAV, Ogg Vorbis, AAC, and LPCM), the TX-NR808 is capable of playing anything at its highest quality potential. Additionally, the TX-NR808's variety of HDMI 1.4 inputs ensure that its video capabilities match its audio capabilities for a truly all-encompassing media receiver.
- 7.2 channel compatibility
- 7 HDMI inputs, 2 outputs (V1.4a repeater) - supports 3D video playback and Audio Return Channel
- THX Select2 Plus Certification
- USB inputs for media storage devices as well as iPod/iPhone
- TrueHD/DTS-HD decoding
- HDMI 1080p video upconversion by Faroudja DCDi cinema
- PC input
- HD, XM, SIRIUS and Internet radio ready
- WiFi/Ethernet connectivity - DLNA streaming