The Onkyo TX-NR616 is a 7.2 Channel THX Select2 Plus Certified Network A/V Receiver released in February 2012. It is the successor to the Onkyo TX-NR609 released in 2011. It features 100 Watts per channel of power, 8 HDMI inputs and 2 HDMI outputs. It has Ethernet network connectivity for network streaming and Internet radio. It integrates with your smartphone via a MHL (Mobile High-Definition Link) allowing you to playback 1080p content on your TV from your phone. This receiver integrates with Onkyo iPhone and Android remote apps. It features three-stage inverted Darlington circuitry and includes Audyssey DSX expansion.
It improves on the TX-NR609 by having 8 HDMI inputs rather than 6, and now supports smartphones with MHL and it's remote control apps available for iPhone and Android. Onkyo has added a rear-USB port but has removed the PC VGA input and universal port.
- 100 Watts / channel
- HDMI: 8 in / 2 out
- 7.2 Channels
- Ethernet connectivity (Internet radio, network streaming)
- USB port
- MHL for smartphone video playback
- Compatible with Android/iPhone remote control apps
- 3-stage Darlington inverted circuitry
- Marvell Qdeo Video Chip for 4K Upscaling and Processing