The Onkyo TX-NR609 is a mid-range, 7.2-channel A/V receiver similar to the 5.1-channel Onkyo TX-NR509. The TX-NR609 boasts a number of significant improvements over the TX-NR509, including: more HDMI 1.4a inputs (6 as opposed to 4), 100 watts power per channel (as opposed to the TX-NR509's 80W) and improved Dolby and Audyssey sound technologies. Otherwise, the two receivers sport the same basic features including iPod/iPhone USB connectivity and an Ethernet port.
The TX-NR609's HDMI 14.a ports support all current 3D video standards as well as Audio Return Channel technology which eliminates the need for an additional S/PDIF connection to HDTVs. Its Dolby Pro Logic IIz and Audyssey DSX technologies allow the TX-NR609 to offer a greater surround sound experience by adding additional virtual speaker channels. Meanwhile, the TX-NR609's front USB port allows it to directly interface with USB media devices, offering full iPod/iPhone control and integration.
- HDMI Support for 3D Video and Audio Return Channel
- Marvell Qdeo Video Chip for 4K Upscaling and Processing
- Network Capability Delivers Internet Radio and Network Streaming
- THX Select2 Plus certified
- Direct Digital Connection of iPod/iPhone via Front-Panel USB Port
- Audyssey DSX and Dolby Pro Logic IIz sound technologies
- iPod/iPhone USB connectivity
- Ethernet port allows for Internet Radio and Network Streaming