The Onkyo A-9555 is a midrange two-channel integrated power amplifier. The front panel is available in either black or silver anodized aluminum, where one will find a volume knob, mute button and input selection knob. Another knob is designed for speaker selection, while a headphone jack completes the front portion of the amplifier. The A-9555 includes a remote control, which can control other devices such as Onkyo’s 7555 CD player or iPod dock (purchased separately). On the rear one will find RCA input jacks, an IR remote jack, and two sets of speaker terminals. For greater compatibility, the speaker terminals will accept banana plugs or bare wire, but will not accept spade connections. Onkyo uses several sound-enhancing technologies, including one called Wide Range Amplifier Technology (WRAT), which eliminates noise and produces low negative feedback. Another feature implemented by Onkyo is called Vector Linear (VL) technology, which they claim reduces class-D’s inherent switching noise by cancelling out noise in the original signal. Those who find themselves on a limited budget, but do not want to compromise sound quality should find the Onkyo A-9555 to be a suitable amplifier.
- power output: 1kHz, 85Wpc, 8 ohms (19.3dBW)
- frequency response: 10Hz–60kHz, +1dB/–3dB (CD)
- damping factor: 25 (1kHz, 8 ohms)
- signal/noise ratio: 100dB (CD, IHF-A), 70dB (phono, IHF-A)
- input sensitivity/impedance: 200mV, 50k ohms (CD) / 2.5mV, 50k ohms (phono)
- recommended speaker impedance: 4–16 ohms
- power consumption: 110W (0.3W in standby)
- dimensions: 17 1/8" x 5 13/16" x 16 15/16"
- weight: 28.7 lbs