The DS-5000 is a digital voice recorder from Olympus' DS series that is specially designed for professional use. The recorder features DSS Pro recording technology with high compression and clarity for improved sound quality. It is designed with a 1.7-inch backlit LCD display for controlling the device and is compact and lightweight, at 3.88 oz. The device utilizes a slide switch for easier operation and has a built-in memory card slot that supports SD and microSD formats for storage flexibility. The DS-5000 includes a voice-activated Variable Control Voice Actuator feature which automatically records once it hears sound to save memory and battery life. It offers conference and dictation settings as well as file editing and management, and PC Link capabilities. The recorder also has three programmable buttons for customizing the functions and has a lock feature with password protection. The DS-5000 comes with a multi-function cradle that can be used to charge, record, or upload files, and has a suggested retail price of $600.
- DSS Pro (DS2) Recording
- Voice Activated Variable Control Voice Actuator
- 1.7-inch Backlit LCD Display
- Slide Switch Operation
- Conference and Dictation Settings
- File Editing
- Three Programmable Buttons
- Lock Function /w Password
- Comes with DSS Player Software
- SD/microSD Card Slot
- USB 2.0 Technology
- Comes with Multi-Function Cradle
- Battery Life: 32 Hours per 2 x AA Batteries
- Weight: 3.88 oz.
- Dimensions: 4.5" x 2.0" x 0.7"