The Olympus E-M10 is a model of micro-4/3 mirrorless camera that is situated at the bottom of the OMD lineup. It is marketed as a more affordable alternative to the higher Olympus models, and a more compact model than competing DSLRs in the same price range. In general, this model is quite similar to the EM5, and many shooting and processing features are the same. The main differences include that this model only has a 3-axis image stabilizer and the fact that its body is not totally sealed against the elements, though to its credit the E-M10 has built-in flash and Wi-Fi, both of which are lacking on the other models. In general, this camera is targeted at those who want more creative control and lens versatility than point-and-shoot models, but still want a compact, classic-styled form factor and simple operation. See below for more technical explanations.
- 16.1-megapixel Live MOS Sensor
- TruePic VII Image Processor
- 1,440k-Dot, 1.15x magnification Electronic Viewfinder (EVF) with 120 fps Refresh Rate
- 3.0" 1,037k-Dot Tilting LCD Touchscreen
- In-Body 3-Axis Image Stabilization
- Micro Four-Thirds Mount
- 1080p Full HD Video Recording at 30 fps
- ISO 100-25600
- 8 fps high-speed sequential shooting
- Built-In Wi-Fi
- Face Detect, Face Priority and Eye Detection
- Art Filters & Art Effects
- HDR and HDR bracketing
- Built-in Pop-up Flash
The E-M10 uses a TruePic VII image processor in combination with a 16MP sensor, which Olympus suggests are key in producing realistic images and capturing true colors. This model also has a large, interactive electronic viewfinder, and a fast AF system that allows sequential shooting at 8fps.
For lenses, the E-M10 uses Olympus M.ZUIKO optics, a family of professional-grade glass with digital optics that optimize resolution and image quality. Image stabilization (3-axis) is built into the camera body itself and so IS lenses are not required to use this feature. At release, there are two planned lenses for this camera - a 14-42mm kit lens, and 25mm f1.8 prime lens.
- Sensor Type MOS
- Image Processor TruePic VII
- Display 3"
- Megapixel 16
- HDMI Output Micro
- Memory Media SD Card
- Batteries 1 Lithium ion batteries required. (included)
Add New Resource