The Olympus PEN E-PL3 is a high-end digital camera similar to the Olympus PEN E-P3. The two cameras differ in two key ways: the PEN E-PL3 sports a more streamlined, compact design than the PEN E-P3 and the PEN E-PL3's 3" LCD display is tiltable while the PEN E-P3's is stationary. Otherwise, the two sport very similar features, including a 12 megapixel Live MOS sensor, Frequency Acceleration Sensor Technology auto focus technology and 1080i video capture ability.
The PEN E-PL3's 3" tiltable display can be tilted up and down from 80 degrees up to 45 for greater flexibility when taking pictures in a number of situations. Its 12 megapixel Live MOS sensor provides the PEN E-PL3 with optimal performance with all mZuiko digital lenses while offering ISO 12,800 shooting and 1080i video capture. Meanwhile, the PEN E-PL3's Frequency Acceleration Sensor Technology auto focus technology utilizes 35 separate focus points all over the sensor to provide extremely fast auto focus performance.
- 12 megapixel Live MOS sensor
- 1080i HD video capture in either AVCHD or AVI formats
- 3-inch tiltable LCD touchscreen display
- Shutter response of less than 60 milliseconds (60 – 1/40000 sec.)
- iAuto automatic settings technology
- Compatible with a wide range of interchangeable lenses
- Advanced shadow adjustment
- WiFi capable with sold-separately adapter
- Compact design