Oakley Oil Rigs are mid-range casual sunglasses designed to be stylish and better-fitting on medium sized faces. Their Polaric Ellipsoid lens geometry is meant to maintain visual clarity despite their curved nature while their Plutonite lens material protects from harmful UV rays. Optional Iridium lens coating rounds out the Oil Rigs' lens enhancements, providing glare reduction and enhanced contrast.
The Oil Rigs' Polaric Ellipsoid lens geometry extends the wearer's peripheral view without sacrificing optimal clarity as each lens piece is cut to exact specifications. Plutonite lens material filters out 100% of UVA / UVB / UVC and harmful blue light radiations up to 400nm while also offering impact protection on par with ANSI Z87.1 standards. Additionally, their optional Iridium coating gives Oil Rigs glare reduction while balancing light transmission for enhanced contrast.
- Polaric Ellipsoid lens geometry
- Optical precision and impact resistance meet or exceed ANZI Z87.1 optical and basic impact standards
- Plutonite lens material filters out 100% of UVA/ UVB/ UVC & harmful blue light up to 400nm
- Glare reduction and tuned light transmission due to optional Iridium lens coating
- Lightweight, stress-resistant O Matter frame material
- Comfortable fit on medium to large faces via extended wrapped frame geometry
- Maximized clarity at all angles of vision with patented Oakley XYZ Optics
- Polarized OIL RIG ($255)
- T-Pain Signature Series OIL RIG ($190)