Leap into the first multiplayer Mario platformer set in a 3D world! Play as Mario, Luigi, Princess Peach, and Toad—each with their own special skills—in the all-new Sprixie Kingdom. Scamper up walls with the new cat power-up to find secrets or pounce from above to claw enemies. Enjoy a solo romp or add friends on the fly for instant Mario multiplayer magic!
Freely roam the world map and each sprawling stage alone or team up with friends to find hidden stars while competing to take the crown for most coins and points found. Tap the Wii U GamePad controller’s touch screen to freeze enemies and reveal invisible secrets. Or, use the GamePad for off-TV play while tilting it to spot hidden nooks and crannies with the moveable camera. All this and more makes Mario’s world deeper than ever. Jump on in!
- Each character has unique abilities and play styles. For example, Princess Peach glides over gaps, while Luigi has his trademark extra-high jump.
- The new cat transformation allows players to run on all fours, pounce on enemies, attack in midair, or use their claws to scamper up walls and goal poles.
- Explore colorful 3D environments filled with obstacles and contraptions like transparent pipes and vertical conveyor belts, which add new puzzle elements.
- Use the Wii U GamePad Controller's touch screen to search for hidden blocks and freeze enemies in place.
- The first multiplayer Mario platformer set in a 3D world
- Play as Mario, Luigi, Peach, or Toad and master their special talents
- Cat Mario can climb high to find secrets, pounce from above, and claw enemies
- Play off-TV on the Wii U GamePad or touch its screen to freeze enemies and reveal invisible objects
Frequently Asked Questions
If i use the Wii-motes to play, do I NEED the nunchuck thing, if so then would it be better to just get the pro controller?
Nope, you just play with the Wii Remote sideways like an NES controller. Of course if you want, you could get the Pro Controller too.
Do you need a 3d tv?
Nope, just an HD TV, the higher quality the better but you don't need it.
Does it work on wii?
No. Is only for Wii U.
Add New FAQ
- Media Wii U
Add New Resource