Wii U is the next great gaming console from Nintendo and it redefines how you will play next. With its innovative Wii U GamePad controller, it will not only introduce entirely new ways to play games, it will also transform how you connect with friends and enjoy entertainment.
- Four USB 2.0 connector slots are included. The new console is backward compatible with Wii games and Wii accessories.
- IBM Power-based multi-core microprocessor.
- Up to four Wii Remote (or Wii Remote Plus) controllers can be connected at once. The new console supports all Wii controllers and input devices, including the Nunchuk™ controller, Classic Controller, Classic Controller Pro and Wii Balance Board.
- Approximately 1.8 inches tall, 6.8 inches wide and 10.5 inches long.
- Uses AV Multi Out connector. Six-channel PCM linear output through HDMI.
- Discover new ways to play together with the innovative Wii U GamePad controller
- Enjoy brand new games from your favorite gaming franchises
- Experience up to full 1080p HD for the first-time ever on a Nintendo gaming console
- Play almost all of your favorite Wiigames & accessories on the Wii U console
- Interact with friends, family, and people around the world via Miiverse*
- Download add-on content, full games, classic games, and applications from the Nintendo eShop*
- Communicate in real time with the video chat feature*
- Make and share Miicharacters*
- Search your cable, satellite, and video-on-demand content from one convenient place
- Control your TV with the Wii U GamePad as a remote control
- Browse the Internet on the Wii U GamePad and share your activity on the TV screen
- Find, watch, and enhance your video entertainment
- Copy of Nintendo Land
- Internal memory for storage
- Wii UTM Console in Black
- Wii UTM GamePad in Black
- Wii U AC Adapter
- Wii U GamePad AC Adapter
- High Speed HDMITM Cable
- Sensor Bar
- Wii U GamePad Cradle
- Wii U GamePad Stand
- Wii U Console Stand
The Wii U console’s controller, the Wii U GamePad, will connect wirelessly and seamlessly with both the console and the television. With a built-in touch screen, motion controls, and a full complement of buttons and control sticks built right in, the Wii U Game Pad transforms gaming, introducing new and better ways to play.
With the Wii U GamePad the action can flow seamlessly between the GamePad and the television, and it will open a window into gaming worlds that can extend beyond the TV and completely surround you. Its intuitive and easy-to-use interfaces mean Wii U can be home to games for everyone in the family, from the latest games for the most avid gamer to fun and innovative games for those looking for more casual pick-up and play experiences.
Wii U extends beyond games with built-in wireless connectivity to get you online quickly and easily. Players with broadband Internet access will find ways to connect with other players over the Internet in Miiverse, communicate in real time via the video chat feature with other friends and families, and access downloadable games and additional game content from the Nintendo eShop. And the Wii U GamePad controller puts it all right at your fingertips. Wii U also offers Nintendo TVii to make TV more simple and fun. Nintendo TVii is a free, integrated service that combines what you watch and how you watch into one seamless, second-screen experience on the Wii U GamePad. Users can search for programs across their current cable, satellite and video-on-demand services-such as a Comcast cable package or Hulu Plus subscription all from one place. The service is available in US and Canada for users with a wireless internet connection. Whether its games, social connections or home entertainment, Wii U redefines how you will play next.
Frequently Asked Questions
Dos it play wii gams or only wii u games
It plays wii games also!
It says it plays almost all wii games. Which ones does it not play? Sports Resort? Sport? Fit Plus? Lord of Rings? Harry Potter? Spiderman cube
The Wii U actually has a Wii menu. When you select this Wii menu from the Wii U home screen, it looks exactly as the original Wii's home menu does. From here, you are able to play any Wii games you have, so long as you have the Wii remote and/or nunchuk that are required for the specific game because the Wii U gamepad cannot be used as a controller for original Wii games. Also, according to Nintendo's website, Wii games will not display in HD on the Wii U console, just as they wouldn't on the original Wii. So overall you should not have a problem playing any of your Wii games on the Wii U as long as they are not scratched or damaged too badly.
Can I use the original Wii controllers (The ones that are NOT "plus controllers") with the Wii U?
Yes, you can.
Add New FAQ
- Media Console