The Nikon Premier 8x42 are high-end standard-sized binoculars similar to the Nikon Premier 8x32 and Nikon Premier 10x42 binoculars. Offering a 8x magnification like the Premier 8x32s and a 42mm objective lens diameter like the Premier 10x42s, the Premier 8x42 binoculars are the mid-level offering of the Premier line due to their balanced traits. The 8x42s also sport the same high-end construction as the others in the Premier line, namely: phase-corrected prisms, a die-cast magnesium body and 100% resistance to water and fog.
The Premier 8x42s sport a roof prism system design which offers a slimmer body than porro prism binoculars but typically at the cost of image quality. However, the Premier 8x42s' phase-corrected prisms adjust for this, providing enhanced resolution and contrast compared to low-end roof prism binoculars. Their die-cast magnesium body allows the Premier 8x42s to stand up to a lot more damage than lower grade binoculars while minimizing added weight. Additionally, the Premier 8x42s are O-ring sealed and nitrogen purged, making them 100% water and fog-proof, allowing them to withstand even full submersion in water.
- Phase-correction enhances resolution for excellent detail
- Silver coated prisms for brighter images
- Streamlined roof prism design
- Fully multicoated optics reduce eyestrain and enhance brightness
- Central focus knob for fast adjusting
- Durable and protective rubber-armored coating
- Sturdy, die-cast magnesium alloy body
- 100% waterproof/fogproof due to being nitrogen filled and O-ring sealed