The Nikon Premier 10x42 are very high-end roof prism binoculars designed to offer porro prism performance. Their phase correction coating enhances resolution and contrast while their silver coated prisms are highly reflective for unrivaled brightness as compared to typical glass prisms. Additionally, the Premier 10x42s feature fully multicoated optics for even further enhanced brightness.
The Premier 10x42s sport a roof prism design which allows for a smaller, more streamlined shape but typically offers weaker depth perception compared to porro prism systems. However, phase correction coating on the prisms enhances resolution and contrast to extreme levels; this method would not be effective on porro prism systems. The Premier 10x42s prisms are also silver coated, resulting in greater light reflection than even the highest quality glass prisms. Meanwhile, the Premier 10x42s' fully multicoated optics (each glass surface is coated in multiple layers of anti-reflective compounds) greatly reduces light loss and glare for extremely bright, vivid viewing.
- Phase-correction enhances resolution for excellent detail
- Silver coated prisms for brighter images
- Streamlined roof prism design
- Fully multicoated optics reduce eyestrain and enhance brightness
- Central focus knob for fast adjusting
- Durable and protective rubber-armored coating
- Sturdy, die-cast magnesium alloy body
- 100% waterproof/fogproof due to being nitrogen filled and O-ring sealed