The Nikon Action 10x50 are mid-range standard-sized binoculars similar to the Nikon Action 10x40s. Featuring a wider 50mm lens diameter, the Action10x50s offer superior performance in dim lighting conditions over the Action 10x40s. Otherwise, the two binoculars are very similar, sharing the same core features such as: BaK-4 prisms and a porro prism system.
The Action 10x50s' 50mm lens diameter allows more light to enter the binoculars to be focused, resulting in improved overall image brightness and excellent performance in dim lighting conditions. Their BaK-4 glass prisms provide the Action 10x50s with brighter images and greater overall image sharpness and clarity than lower quality BK-7 glass prism binoculars. Additionally, the Action 10x50s' porro prism system provides improved depth perception and a generally wider-field of view than similarly sized and rated roof prism binoculars, though at the expense of some durability.
- Porro prism system for greater depth perception
- 10x magnification and a 50mm objective diameter
- Smooth central focus knob for fast range of focus
- Multicoated lenses and BaK4 prisms deliver bright, high-resolution images
- Included tripod adapter
- Durable and protective, rubber-armored coating
- Field of view at 1000 yards: 341 ft