The Nikon Coolpix L100 is the top model in Nikon's Coolpix Life series, which is a line of powerful and simple to use digital cameras. It stands out from lower models thanks to its much larger 15x optical zoom NIKKOR lens with VR (vibration reduction) image stabilization. This lens is capable of shooting 28mm wide-angle to 420mm super-telephoto shooting making it able to handle everything from landscapes, to group shots, to tight close-ups. It has a resolution of 10 megapixels and a 3" TFT LCD monitor to view your images. Nikon's exclusive smart portrait system can automatically detect up to 12 faces and the face-priority AF automatically adjusts focus and exposure for more satisfying portraits. Some other features include macros shooting as close as 1 cm, 15 scene modes, three movie modes with sound and active zoom. The Coolpix L100 has 44MB of internal memory, a SD/SDHC memory card slot, flip up flash, USB connectivity and is powered by four AA batteries.
- Effective pixels: 10.0 million
- Image sensor: 1/2.33-in. CCD; total pixels: approx. 10.7 million
- Lens: 15x Zoom-NIKKOR; 5.0-75.0mm (35mm  format picture angle: 28-420mm); f/3.5-5.4; Digital zoom: up to 4x (35mm  format picture angle: 1680mm)
- Focus range (from lens): 50 cm (1 ft. 8 in.) to infinity (8); Macro close-up mode: 1 cm (0.4 in.) to infinity (8)
- Monitor: 3-in., approx. 230k-dot, TFT LCD with anti-reflection coating
- Storage media: Internal memory (approx. 44 MB), SD/SDHC memory cards1.
- Image size (pixels): 3648 x 2736 (High: 3648/Normal: 3648), 2592 x 1944 (Normal: 2592), 2048 x 1536 (Normal: 2048), 1024 x 768 (PC: 1024), 640 x 480 (TV: 640), 3584 x 2016 (16: 9: 3584), 1920 x 1080 (16: 9: 1920)
- Vibration Reduction (VR): Image sensor shift VR
- ISO sensitivity: Auto (auto gain ISO 80-800), High sensitivity mode 2.(ISO 720-3200)
- Interface: USB
- Power sources: Four AA alkaline (supplied), or lithium batteries, AC Adapter EH-67 (optional)
- Battery life: Four AA alkaline (supplied), or lithium batteries, AC Adapter EH-67 (optional)
- Dimensions (WxHxD): Approx. 110 x 72 x 78 mm (4.3 x 2.8 x 3 in.) excluding projections
- Weight: Approx. 355 g (12.5 oz.) without battery and SD/SDHC memory card
- Supplied accessories: LR6 AA-size Alkaline Batteries, USB Cable UC-E6, Audio Video Cable EG-CP14, Strap AN-CP18, Lens Cap LC-CP20, Software Suite CD-ROM