The Nikon D90 is a digital SLR camera made to replace the D 80. But the D 90 is more than just an upgrade. It has been given some of the new features found in the top of the line Nikon D series, one of them the highly acclaimed 3 in. VGA viewscreen. Equipped with Life View with contrast-detect AF that includes Face Detection Technology, the big surprise to some reviewers is that it has the first DSLR Movie mode with HDTV quality. The D90 was built for two markets: as a transition from a compact and as a camera for serious amateurs wanting expert photographic control at a lower cost and less weight than the top of the line, professional cameras.
- 12.3 megapixel DX-Format CMOS sensor
- Nikon's exclusive EXPEED digital imaging processing
- 3 in. super density VGA color monitor
- 4.5 frames-per-second continuous shooting
- In camera pictire editing
- D-Movie Mode—Cinematic 24fps HD with sound: Record cinematic-q uality movie clips at up to 720p HD (1280 x 720 pixels) in Motion JPEG
- One button Live View-easy to use with Face Priority mode
- Auto Active D-lighting: capture previously lost details while maintaining normal contrast.
- Comprehensive exposure control - Five advanced scene modes and more.
- Nikon F Bayonet type lens mount - compatible with most NIKKOR optics
- Supplied accessories-EN-EL3e Rechargeable Li-ion Battery, MH-18a Quick Charger, UC-E4 USB Cable, EG-D100 Video Cable, AN-D700 Camera Strap, BF-1A Body Cap, BS-1 Accessory Shoe Cover, BM-9 LCD Monitor Cover, Software Suite CD-ROM