Nikon’s D5200 is a mid-range DSLR camera. This camera comes with an 18 to 55 mm lens for wide-angle to mid-range telephoto shots. It has a 24.1 megapixel CMOS sensor and an EXPEED 3 processor. The camera has an autofocus system to hone in on subjects and an ISO of 100 to 6400 that can extend to 25,600 for extreme lighting situations. It includes editing and effects within the camera and comes with an LCD screen to see images right away. This camera also shoots high definition video.
Frequently Asked Questions
Where does the D5200 fit in Nikon's line?
The D5200 is similar to the D3200 as a general use camera, whereas cameras like the D7000 are prosumer cameras with better features for advanced users.
Is the D5200 a point and shoot camera?
This camera can be a point and shoot camera on its automatic settings. It includes many automatic settings for lighting and different scenes. However, it can do much more than that by using the manual settings. You can achieve higher quality images by using the manual settings when you learn more about how to use them.
In Manual Mode, how do you adjust the shutter speed?
You use the Thumb wheel to change the shutter speed. To change the aperture, hold the button on the top of the camera down and turn the Thumb wheel.
Add New FAQ
This camera can work with a variety of lighting situations with an ISO range of 100 to 6400, and extending up to 25600. It has a 39-point autofocus system with nine cross-type sensors to hone in on subjects. The Scene Recognition System manages the autofocus and exposure with a 2,016-pixel RGB metering sensor.
This camera comes with a variety of scene modes to choose from for the camera to automatically set the right aperture, shutter speed and ISO for the chosen mode. It has numerous special effects including silhouette, miniature, night vision and more. It also includes D-lighting and High Dynamic Range for high contrast.
This camera also shoots HD video with audio. The camera's features, like autofocus and editing, enhance movie-making. You can instantly see images and video on the three-inch LCD screen, which can be tilted and turned for different viewing angles.
- Focus mode: Single-servo AF (S), Continuous-servo AF (C), Manual Focus (M) , Focus Lock AF Area Mode
- Metering methods: 3D Color Matrix Metering, Center-weighted average metering, Spot metering
- Exposure modes: Aperture Priority, Auto, Flash Off, Manual, Program, Shutter Priority
- White balance modes: Auto, Cloudy, Custom, Daylight, Flash, Fluorescent, Incandescent, Preset Manual, Shade
- Video file size and frame rate: 1920 x 1080: 60 fps, 30 fps, 24 fps
- Focus during video: Auto Manual Continuous Auto
- Audio recording: With Video, Stereo, Via Optional External Mic
- Self-timer2 sec, 5 sec, 10 sec, 20 sec Number of Shots: 1-9
- Connectivity: 1/8" Microphone, HDMI C (Mini), USB 2.0
- Battery: 1x EN-EL14 Rechargeable Lithium-Ion Battery Pack, 7.4VDC, 1030mAh
- Operating temperature: 32 to 104 °F (0 to 40 °C)
- Operating humidity: Humidity: 0 - 85%
EN-EL14 Rechargeable Li-ion Battery WU-1a Wireless Mobile Adapter
ML-L3 Wireless Remote Control (Infrared) ME-1 Stereo Microphone
The camera comes with an EN-EL 14 rechargeable Li-ion battery for unlimited photos.
The optional WU-1a wireless mobile adapter makes it possible to send images to a smartphone or tablet.
The wireless remote control releases the shutter wirelessly. This is useful for slow shutter speeds to keep the camera steady.
The stereo microphone lowers the noise level from the autofocus feature to provide crisp sound.
- Wi-Fi Optional
- Continuous shooting Up to 5 fps
- Flash compensation -3 EV to +1 EV (in 0.3 or 0.5 EV steps)
- Max sync speed Electronic Shutter: 1 / 200 sec
- Remote control ML-L3 (Optional)
- Shutter speed 30 - 1/4000 sec
- Shutter type Charge-coupled Electronic
- Display screen 3" Rear Screen Swivel LCD (921000)
- Diopter adjustment - 1.7 to +0.7 m
- Viewfinder magnification Approx. 0.78x
- Viewfinder coverage 95 %
- Viewfinder type Pentamirror
- Autofocus points 39
- Focus type Auto & Manual
- Memory cards SD SDHC SDXC
- Bit depht 14-bit
- Audio format Linear PCM
- Still images format JPEG, RAW
- Image resolution 6000 x 4000
- Format DX / (1.5x Crop Factor)
- Lens mount Nikon F
- Type Digital SLR with Interchangeable lenses
- Image Ratio 3:2
- Video Format MPEG-4, H.264
- Sensor Type CMOS
- Storage types SD, SDHC, SDXC
- Min ISO 100
- Microphone Stereo
- Continuous shooting FPS FPS
- Full HD 30 FPS FPS
- Max resolution 24 megapixels megapixels
- Max ISO 6400
- Max Video Resolution 1920×1080
- Sensor Size APS-C
Add New Resource