The Nikon D4 (Body Only) is a DSLR. It is a 35 mm camera that has a 36 x 23.9mm CMOS sensor and 16.2 megapixels. It can record video in full 1080p HD quality. This camera can record in four different file types and the 3.2-inch LCD screen adjusts brightness for better visibility. This digital camera offers continuous shooting with 10 to 11 frames per second, a 51-point AF system that hones in on subjects and EXPEED 3 processo that for up to 10 fps. Lens not included.
Frequently Asked Questions
How is the "Over Exposure" Performance on these newer D4 and D800?
I have the same 'over exposure' issue with my D90....didn't have that issue with my older D50. Not sure if Nikon has made some adjustments in the newer models. If shooting in bright sun light I have to remember to set the compensation to -7. On a recent trip to Red Rock Canyon, near Las Vegas I forgot to set and had quite a few shots that were completely over blown.
Add New FAQ
- Weight: D4 weighs about 3 ounces less than the D3. (41.6 oz. vs D3s 43.7 oz.)
- FPS: 10/11 (D3s 9 FPS)
- Buttons: Rear buttons are gone. Adjustments can be adjusted inside the viewfinder.
The D4 includes a 16.2 megapixel FX-format CMOS sensor. This camera can continuously shoot 10 to 11 frames per second.
The 51-Point autofocus system pinpoints a subject, even if the subject is moving or in low lit areas. It uses 15 cross-type sensors for contrast with f/5.6 or faster lenses. This camera’s new autofocus button provides faster AF shifting.
This camera has a standard ISO of 100 to 12,800. It can also be set as low as 50 or as high as 204,800 for extreme light conditions.
The D4 also records video in full 1080p high definition quality. It can record 24 or 30 frames per second for up to almost 30 minutes of video.
The camera includes a 3.2-inch LCD screen that shows images with 921,000-dot resolution. The screen shows the menu, settings, photos and video. It can enlarge 46 times to show the details of an image, and the Automatic Monitor Brightness Control adjusts the screen to account for lighting for better visibility.
This camera has WT-5A wireless transmitter compatibility so you can send images to a computer or FTP server with the Image transmission mode. You can select each image to send or have them automatically sent.
The shutter was tested on over 400,000 cycles to ensure its ability. There is also a new shutter setting for a more quiet shutter. The mirror balancer feature prevents the down movement from causing too much bouncing. This improves the autofocus and allows a longer viewing time.
- First curtain shutter
- Red-eye reduction
- Slow rear curtain sync
- Second curtain sync
- Slow sync / red-eye reduction
- Focus mode: Single-servo AF (S), Continuous-servo AF (C), Manual Focus (M)
- Remote control: ML-3, MC-21A, 22, 22A, 23A, 25A, 30, 30A, 36 & 36A (Optional)
- Metering methods: 3D Color Matrix Metering, Center-weighted average metering, Spot metering
- Exposure modes: Modes Aperture Priority, Manual, Program, Shutter Priority Compensation: -5 EV to +5 EV (in 0.33 EV steps)
- White balance modes: Auto, Cloudy, Daylight, Flash, Fluorescent, Fluorescent (Day White), Fluorescent (Natural White), Fluorescent (White), Fluorescent H, Incandescent, Kelvin, Preset Manual, Shade
- Flash compensation: 3 EV to +1 EV (in 0.33 or 0.5 EV steps)
- Video file size and frame rate: 1920 x 1080: 30 fps, 25 fps, 24 fps
- Self-timer: 2 sec, 5 sec, 10 sec, 20 sec
- Connectivity: 1/8" Headphone, 1/8" Microphone, HDMI C (Mini), USB 2.0
- Wi-Fi: Optional
- Battery: 1x EN-EL18 Rechargeable Lithium-Ion Battery Pack, 10.8VDC, 2000mAh
- AC power adapter: EH-6b (Optional)
- Operating temperature: 32 to 104 °F (0 to 40 °C)
- Continuous shooting Up to 10 fps
- Max sync speed 1/250 / 1/8000 sec
- Shutter speed 30 - 1/8000 sec
- Diopter adjustment - 3 to +1 m
- Viewfinder magnification Approx. 0.70x
- Viewfinder coverage 100%
- Viewfinder type Pentaprism
- Autofocus points 51
- Focus type Auto & Manual
- Memory cards XQD CompactFlash
- Audio format Linear PCM
- Still images format JPEG, RAW, TIFF
- Image resolution 4928 x 3280 @ 3:2
- Lens mount Nikon F
- Type Digital SLR with Interchangeable lenses
- Storage types Compact Flash, XQD
- Image Ratio 3:2
- Microphone Mono
- Video Format MPEG-4, H.264
- Sensor Type CMOS
- Min ISO 100
- Sensor Size Full Frame
- Max resolution 18 megapixels megapixels
- Full HD 30 FPS FPS
- Max Video Resolution 1920×1080
- Continuous shooting FPS FPS
- Max ISO 12800
Add New Resource