The Nikon D3 is a 12 MP professional DSLR to be released in November, 2007 (along with the cheaper Nikon D300) according to an August 23rd, 2007 press release. It will retail for $5000 and is based off of an FX format CMOS measuring 36.0 mm x 23.9 mm, which is the same size as 35 mm film.
- 12 MP FX format CMOS (36.0 mm x 23.9 mm)
- 51 point Auto-Focus
- ISO 200 - ISO 6,400 (up to ISO 25,600 in trick mode)
- Supports DX format (autoswitches when attaching a DX lens)
- Continuous shooting at 9 fps in FX, 11 fps in DX
- Digital level to keep camera straight