The Nikon 55-300mm f/4.5-5.6G ED VR AF-S DX Nikkor Zoom Lens is a 5.5x telephoto zoom lens for a D-SLR camera. It includes vibration reduction to stabilize an image, extra-low dispersion elements, a high refractive index lens element and other features. This lens comes with a snap-on cap, a rear cap, a hood and a case.
- 5.5x telephoto zoom lens, filter thread 58 mm
- Nikon VR II image stabilization; tripod detection mode
- HRI (high refractive index) lens element
- 2 extra-low dispersion (ED) elements
- Nikon silent wave motor (SWM)
- 5.5x Telephoto Zoom lens - equivalent to a focal length of 82.5 to 450mm in FX/35mm format D-SLR
- Nikon Super Integrated Coating (SIC) - reduced flare and enhanced light and color
- Nikon VR II Image Stabilization - Vibration Reduction feature
- HRI (High Refractive Index) Lens Element - keeps the lens compact with high contrast
- Tripod Detection Mode - reduces vibration
- 2 Extra-low Dispersion (ED) Elements - reduce chromatic aberration
- Exclusive Nikon Silent Wave Motor (SWM) - quiet and effective autofocus
- Rounded 9-Blade Diaphragm - improves areas that are not in focus
- Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 55-300mm f/4.5-5.6G ED VR zoom lens
- 58mm snap-on lens cap
- LF-1 rear lens cap
- HB-57 snap-on lens hood
- CL-1020 lens case and 1-Year worldwide limited warranty
- Plus 4- years complimentary extended service coverage valid in the 50 United States, District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and the US Virgin Islands
Frequently Asked Questions
Why does the Nikon 70-300 mm VR cost more than the 55-300 mm?
The 70-300 has some special features like a faster autofocus, it is FX and DX functional and more. Nonetheless, the 70-300 is a larger, heavier lens.
Will this lens autofocus with the D3100?
Any AF-S lens should work with your camera.
Add New FAQ
Add New Resource