Say goodbye to Wi-Fi dead zones. Convenient, discreet and easy to install, extended Wi-Fi coverage is just an outlet away with this essentials edition extender. Boost your Wi-Fi for mobile devices and connect a wired device such as Smart TVs or game consoles. Boost your existing network range & speed, delivering Wi-Fi up to 300Mbps. External antennas provide better Wi-Fi coverage and higher speed, while the convenient wall-plug design saves space. It works with any standard Wi-Fi router & is ideal for keeping your mobile devices connected as you move throughout your home.
- WiFi up to 300Mbps
- External antennas for better performance
- Convenient wall-plug design
- Works with any WiFi router
- Fast Ethernet Port to connect a wired device
- Essential Edition – Ideal accessory to cover your basic needs in WiFi extension
- 802.11 b/g/n 2.4 GHz wireless router or gateway
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.0, Firefox 2.0 or Safari 1.4 or Google Chrome 11.0 browsers or higher
Frequently Asked Questions
Does the ethernet cable from the router need to remain plugged into this device?
No it doesn't. The cable is only for initial set up. That is for the extender to recognize the router and establish a new "Extension". This can also be done without cable and using any computer or cellular phone to connect to "NETGEAR EXT after which a setup wizard will allow a different name. Once the setup is complete, then the extender can be plugged in anywhere in the house.
Can the SSID of the extender be set to the same SSID of the network it is extending?
The default name will be (Your SSID)_EXT but you can change it to whatever you like.
Does this product create a second access point that requires me to switch from network to network?
Yes, it does but it utilizes the same password.
Add New FAQ
- Speed Rate Up to 300Mbps
- Wireless Type 802.11 a/b/g/n, 2.4 GHz Radio Frequency
- Operating System MAC, PC
Add New Resource