The ReadyNAS 500 series is an advanced and intuitive solution centralizing, securing and controlling access to your digital assets. More than just unified (NAS and SAN) storage for your business, each ReadyNAS includes innovative technologies such as unlimited snapshots, thin provisioning and cloud-managed replication. Designed to service between 26-300 simultaneous users, the ReadyNAS 500 is an ideal office storage solution. With ReadyNAS, protecting and accessing your important business data has never been easier.
- Unlimited Snapshots—Unlimited data snapshot capability for on-box protection and flexible data recovery
- Cloud-managed Replication—Maintain data sets in multiple locations or ensure protection of data from remote or branch office locations
- XRAID2 & Instant Provisioning—Easily expand capacity and feel confident knowing that data is always protected
- File Server—Unified storage platform for sharing files between Windows, Mac and Linux-based computers
- Back up—RAID redundancy with automatic expansion and unlimited data snapshots for point-in-time restore
- iSCSI and Thin Provisioning—Powerful tools for a businesses taking advantage of virtual infrastructures
- Anti-virus & Encryption—Keep data protected from outside threats and safe from prying eyes
- Modern GUI and ReadyCLOUD Management—Sleek, modern interface that puts the tools you need, where and when you need them
- Disaster Recovery—Cloud-managed replication for maintaining multiple sets of data and performing easy restores in case of disaster
- Virtualization—Thin provisioning, iSCSI support and certified with VMware and Microsoft
- First desktop NAS for the SMB to include unlimited snapshots, cloud-managed replication and real-time anti-virus
- Sleek, modern and intuitive user interface
- Cloud-based set-up and file management through ReadyCLOUD
- Powerful embedded and add-on applications for file serving, backup, disaster recovery and virtualization
- Ethernet connection
- Hard disk drive or drives from NETGEAR Hardware Compatibility List (if purchased a diskless system)
- Microsoft Windows 8
- Microsoft Windows 7
- Microsoft Windows Vista
- Appke Macintosh OS X
- Linux, UNIX, Solaris
- Apple iOS
- Google Android
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 9.0+
- Apple Safari, 5.0+
- Google Chrome 20+
- Mozilla Firefox 14+
Frequently Asked Questions
Do all 6 bays need to be populated or could you start with a system with just 2 x 4TB?
There must be at least two drives in the ReadyNAS 516. To use the two drives, create RAID 0 which splits data across drives, resulting in higher data throughput. The performance of this configuration is extremely high, but a loss of any drive in the array will result in data loss. This level is commonly referred to as striping.
Can this handle storing video camera feeds and streaming via plex at same time?
A lot of that will depend on your network. Plex does a great job at streaming video. Keep in mind Plex will encode your video while streaming it using the NAS hardware (RAM & CPU). This NAS has enough CPU and RAM to handle quite a bit of load. If you are storing surveillance video on your NAS it will use your network bandwidth. If you have Cat 5E or Cat 6 Ethernet you will be just fine. If you have W-Fi cameras it is limited to the wireless speed of your router and cameras. Most cameras use H.264 compression with will help reduce the bandwidth while it is storing video. If you are remotely viewing live video from a camera, you will see your network speeds drop considerably.
Add New FAQ
- Maximum Solution Capacity 84TB
- No. of Concurrent Users 26 - 300
- No. of Bays 6
- Memory 4GB ECC DDR3
Add New Resource