The Nest Protect is a smoke and carbon monoxide alarm. When the alarm goes off, it will quiet down with a wave of the hand. A message will be sent to your phone if the alarm goes off or the batteries run low. Nest Protect uses a human voice instead of a chirping sound. The voice indicates which room the smoke or carbon monoxide is coming from.
Nest Protect (Wired 120V)
- Three long-life backup batteries
- Four screws
- AC 120V connector
- Three wire nuts
- User's Guide and Welcome Guide
- 2-year limited hardware warranty
Standard smoke alarms have become annoying because they are set off by smoke from cooking and low batteries. The Nest Protect smoke and carbon monoxide alarm is designed so that it is not annoying and residents will keep them up to date and intact for safety reasons.
Nest Protect gives you an early warning with a yellow light and a human voice that tells you where the problem area is located.
Get a message on your smartphone or tablet if the smoke or carbon monoxide alarm goes off or if the batteries are low.
The Nest Protect will glow green for a second indicating that the batteries and sensors are working properly.
Since you can't see or smell carbon monoxide, Nest Protect is always checking for dangerous levels.
Nest Protect speaks to you with a human voice alerting you to the location of the problem area.
The Nest Thermostat automatically turns off your gas furnace if there is any indication of a poisonous carbon monoxide leak.
- Light ring (5 RGB color LEDS)
- Micro-USB (not for normal use)
- 120V connector
- Backup battery compartment
- Photoelectric smoke sensor
- Carbon monoxide
- Heat sensor
- Three activity sensors
- Ambient sensor
- Speaker loudness: 80 dB @ 3 feet (1 meter) @ 1kHz
- Horn: 85 dB SPL at 10 feet (3 meters)
- Working Wi-Fi connection: 802.11 — 2.4 GHz
- Wireless Interconnect: 802.15.4 — 2.4 GHz
- iPhone or iPad with iOS 5 or later
- Android 4 or later
- Free Nest Account
- This alarm should not be installed in locations where the normal ambient temperature is below 4°C (40°F) or exceeds 38°C (100°F).
- Available out-of-the-box: English (U.S), Spanish.
- Languages available via download: French (Québécois), English (UK).
Frequently Asked Questions
Can the light be turned off on the smoke detector at night?
There is a light that indicates that the alarm is working. It also automatically lights up if it detects motion to light your pathway.
Does this work off of the WiFi connection?
It has its own RF connection if the WiFi fails.
Does this need to be mounted on a wall or ceiling?
It can be installed on either one.
Will this communicate with other smoke alarms?
No, it only works with Nest units.
Add New FAQ
- Battery Required 3 / 6 Lithium Metal batteries required (included)