Just turn it up and down. The Nest learning thermostat learns the temperatures you like and creates a custom schedule for your home. Nest automatically turns itself down after you leave so you're not heating or cooling an empty home. You can control it from anywhere using your phone, tablet, or laptop. And energy history lets you see how much energy you use and why. In independent studies, Nest saved an average of 10-12% on heating bills and 15% on cooling bills. That means it can pay for itself in under two years.
The 3rd generation Nest Learning Thermostat is more beautiful than ever. With Farsight, it lights up when it sees you coming and shows you the time or temperature from across the room. And the Nest Thermostat is proven to save energy.
- Auto-Schedule - No more confusing programming. It learns the temperatures you like and programs itself.
- Auto-Away - The Nest Thermostat automatically turns itself down when you're away to avoid heating or cooling an empty home.
- Remote control - Connect the Nest Thermostat to Wi-Fi to change the temperature from your phone, tablet or laptop.
- Energy History - See when heating and cooling were on and what affected your energy use.
- Nest Leaf - You'll see the Leaf when you choose a temperature that saves energy. It guides you in the right direction.
- Safety Alerts - Get an alert on your phone or tablet if your home gets dangerously hot or cold.
- Early-on - Nest learns how your home warms up and keeps an eye on the weather to get you the temperature you want when you want it.
- Farsight - When Nest Thermostat spots you across the room, it lights up beautifully to show you the temperature you've set or the time.
- The Nest Learning Thermostat works with 95% of 24V heating and cooling systems, including gas, electric, forced air, heat pump, radiant, oil, hot water, solar and geothermal.
- Nest will optimize itself for you and your system
Most people install Nest in 30 minutes or less. If you ever need help, call 24/7 support.
Go to nest.com/works to see if it’s compatible with your system.
- Heating: 1, 2 and 3 stages (W1, W2, W3)
- Cooling: 1 and 2 stages (Y1, Y2)
- Heat pump: with auxiliary & emergency heat (O/B, AUX, E)
- Humidifier or dehumidifier (HUM, DEHUM)
- Fan (G)
- Power (C, RH, RC)
- High resolution color screen: 24-bit color LCD, 480x480 pixel resolution at 229 pixel per inch (PPI), 2.08" (5.3cm) diameter.
- Stainless Steel ring
- Sensors: Temperature, Humidity, Near-field activity, Far-field activity, Ambient light.
- Built-in rechargeable lithium-ion battery.
- Languages: English, French, Spanish, Dutch.
- Wi-Fi connection
- Phone or tablet with iOS 8 or later, or Android 4 or later.
- Free Nest Account
Frequently Asked Questions
What does the 3rd gen do that the 2nd gen won't?
Biggest change is a larger screen/higher resolution so it's easier to read, especially from a distance. It's also slimmer, i.e., not as deep. You can get the 2nd for $199 or 3rd for $249. Probably worth the $50 to have the larger display.
Can you have the app installed on several iphones to control one thermostat?
Yes. Just understand, there's no way to prevent the family from constantly changing it, without someone setting a PIN.
Will i need to purchase two of these to be able to accomodate both floors if have a thermostat upstairs and downstairs that work independently?
Since you have what sounds like a 2 zone hearing and cooling system, yes. You will need two Nest thermostats. This may seem expensive; however if you have a large home, you can save dollars due to both systems providing you with valuable information on each systems usage.
Add New FAQ
- Number of HVAC Zones 1
- Thermostat Type Heating and Cooling
- Resolution 480x480 pixel
- Display Size 2.08" diameter
- Finish Stainless Steel
- Batteries 1 Lithium ion batteries required. (included)
- Origin USA