The MTX Audio Thunder T9512 is a 12" car subwoofer featuring an asymmetrical linear drive system to produce crisp, clear sound. The subwoofer is designed with an injection-molded, carbon filled poly cone dust cap and aluminum deposition cone woofer for an increased stiffness to weight ratio. It also has a stitched high-roll NBR surround to maximize excursion and a die-cast aluminum frame for strength and durability. The Thunder T9512 includes MTX's Spider Plateau Venting Technology as well as a high-grade heatsink to keep the subwoofer cool. It produces 1000 RMS watts of power and has an impedance of either single or dual 4-ohms depending on the submodel. The T9512 is in the middle of the Thunder 9500 series with regards to power and size.
- 12" subwoofer
- 4" single or dual 4-ohm voice coils
- Die Cast Aluminum Frame Construction
- High Roll NBR Surround
- Expanded injection molded, carbon filled Poly Cone Dust Cap
- ALDS Asymmetrical Linear Drive System
- Spider Plateau Venting cooling system
- 6063 extruded aluminum heatsink
- 8-gauge nickel-plated compression poles
- 260oz. Magnet structure
- Power Handling: 2000 watts (peak), 1000 watts (RMS)
- Sensitivity: 87.4 dB
- Sealed Box Volume: 1.0 - 1.5 cu. ft.
- Vented Box Volume: 1.75 cu. ft.