The MTX Audio Thunder Square TS5512 is a 12" car subwoofer featuring an asymmetrical linear drive system to produce crisp, clear sound. The subwoofer is designed with a square shaped polypropylene cone which gives 16-20% more area than the usual round subwoofers. It has a gothic-style MTX logo stamped on to its glossy black dust cap and a rubber surround. The Thunder Square TS5512 utilizes dual 2-ohm voice coils that offer flexibility in wiring and includes MTX's Spider Plateau Venting Technology to keep the subwoofer cool. It has a peak power handling of 1200 watts and maximum RMS power handling of 600 watts. The main differences between this model and the TS5510 are the subwoofer size and power handling.
- 12" subwoofer
- Dual 2-ohm voice coils
- Square polypropylene cone
- Nitrile Butadiene rubber surround
- Spider Plateau Venting Technology
- Asymmetrical Linear Drive System
- Power Handling: 1200 watts (peak), 600 watts (RMS
- Sensitivity: 97.6 dB
- Frequency Response: 31Hz - 150kHz
- Sealed Box Volume: 1.25 cu. ft.
- Vented Box Volume: 2.0 cu. ft.