Announced in November 2008 and further revealed in January 2009, the WindBOX is a miniature Atom-powered nettop from MSI. Featuring the standard 1.6GHz Intel Atom CPU, 1GB of DDR2 memory, Intel GMA 950 graphics, and 702.11 b/g wireless, the thin form factor and ability to mount the unit to the back of a LCD monitor is what sets the WindBOX apart from the plethora of nettop options already available. Not unlike the Eee Box, the WindBOX allows users to save precious desk space and achieve a slimmer iMac like appearance with any VESA-compatible monitor.
[As of January 31, 2009, this unit is not yet listed for sale on Amazon, eBay, or shopping.com.]
- CPU/RAM: 1.6GHz Intel Atom, 1GB DDR2
- Graphics: Intel GMA 950
- Network: Ethernet, 802.11 b/g
- Storage: SATA II compatible - no drive listed
- Ports & Expansion: 1 x VGA, 3 x USB 2.0, 1 x Ethernet, 2 x mic in, 1 x headphone out, 3-in-one card reader (SD/MMC/Memory Stick)
- Dimensions & Weight: 180 x 255 x 19mm, 1.08 kg (2.4 pounds)