The MSi P55M-GD45 is a mid-range to high-end microATX motherboard similar to the MSi P55M-GD41. The P55M-GD45's main improvement over the P55M-GD41 is its two eSATA ports. Otherwise, the two motherboards sport very similar features, including an LGA1156 CPU socket, support for up to 16GB of DDR3 RAM, MSi's OC Genie with Super Unlock technology and ATI CrossFireX support.
The P55M-GD45's LGA1156 CPU socket allows it to utilize any Intel Core i3, i5 or i7-8xx processor while its four DIMM slots allow for up to 16GB of dual-channel DDR3 RAM with data transfer rates of 1066 and 1333 MHz or 1600, 2000 and 2133 MHz when overclocked. Its OC Genie with Super Unlock technology allows the P55M-GD45 to automatically overclock your computer's components optimally at the push of a button, making overclocking safer and easier. Meanwhile, the P55M-GD45's ATI CrossFireX support allows it to utilize to matching ATI cards simultaneously, boosting graphical performance.
- LGA1156 CPU socket supports Intel Core i3, i5 and i7-8xx processors
- Supports up to 16GB of dual-channel DDR3 RAM @ 1066 or 1333 MHz and 1600, 2000 and 2133 MHz (O.C.)
- ATI CrossFireX dual-GPU support
- DrMOS server class power component
- OC Genie with Super Unlock technology
- 2 x PCIe x16, 1 x PCIe x1, 1 x PCI
- 10 x USB 2.0 ports, 2 x eSATA
- 6 x SATA II