The MSi P55A-GD55 is a mid-range to high-end motherboard similar to the MSi P55A-G55. Although sporting a handful of minor improvements over the P55A-G55 (most notably 2 eSATA ports), the P55A-GD55's most important improvement is its DrMOS server class power component. Otherwise, the two motherboards sport the same features, including: an LGA1156 CPU socket, support for up to 16GB of DDR3 RAM and ATI CrossFireX/Nvidia SLI dual-GPU support.
The P55A-GD55's DrMOS power component offers phase switching 400% that of traditional MOSFET power components, also offering 90% greater power efficiency. Its LGA1156 CPU socket provides the P55A-GD55 with support for any Intel Core i3, i5 or i7-8xx processor while its 4 DIMM slots allow for up to 16GB of dual-channel DDR3 RAM with data transfer rates of 1066 or 1333 MHz as well as 1600, 2000 and 2133 MHz when overclocked. Additionally, the P55A-GD55 features support for both ATI CrossFireX and Nvidia SLI dual-GPU setups, allowing for easy graphical upgrading.
- LGA1156 CPU socket supports Intel Core i3, i5 and i7-8xx processors
- Supports up to 16GB of dual-channel DDR3 RAM @ 1066 or 1333 MHz and 1600, 2000 and 2133 MHz (O.C.)
- ATI CrossFireX and NVIDIA SLI dual-GPU support
- DrMOS server class power component
- 2 x PCIe x16, 2 x PCIe x1, 3 x PCI
- 2 x USB 3.0, 8 x USB 2.0, 2 x eSATA
- 6 x SATA II, 2 x SATA III