The MSi P55A-G55 is a mid-range to high-end motherboard similar to the MSi P55A Fuzion. As both the P55A-G55 and P55A Fuzion share the same P55 chipset, the two share the same core features, namely an LGA1156 CPU socket and support for up to 16GB of DDR3 RAM. However, the P55A-G55 lacks the P55A Fuzion's Fuzion technology (which allows for different classes and even brands of GPUs to be used together) but does sport both NVIDIA SLI and ATI CrossFireX dual-GPU support.
The P55A-G55's LGA1156 socket type provides it with compatibility with any Intel Core i3, i5 or i7-8xx processor while its four DIMM slots allow it to support up to 16GB of dual-channel DDR3 RAM with data transfer rates of 1066 or 1333 MHz as well as 1600, 2000 and 2133 MHz by way of overclocking. Additionally, the P55A-G55 sports two PCIe x16 expansion slots as well as NVIDIA SLI and ATI CrossFireX dual-GPU support, allowing two identical ATI or NVIDIA cards to work in tandem to provide greater gaming performance.
- LGA1156 CPU socket supports Intel Core i3, i5 and i7-8xx processors
- Supports up to 16GB of dual-channel DDR3 RAM @ 1066 or 1333 MHz and 1600, 2000 and 2133 MHz (O.C.)
- ATI CrossFireX and NVIDIA SLI dual-GPU support
- Super Unlock technology offers faster, safer overclocking
- 2 x PCIe x16, 2 x PCIe x1, 3 x PCI
- 2 x USB 3.0, 8 x USB 2.0
- 6 x SATA II, 2 x SATA III