The MSi P55A Fuzion is a mid-range to high-end motherboard based around Intel's P55 northbridge chipset. It features an LGA1156 CPU socket type, supporting most of Intel's Core i line of processors as well as support for up to 16GB of DDR3 RAM. Additionally, the P55A Fuzion sports two PCIe x16 lanes with support for ATI CrossFireX dual-GPU technology while its Fuzion technology allows for even greater freedom for dual-GPU setups.
The P55A Fuzion's LGA1156 CPU socket allows it to handle any Intel Core i3, i5 or i7-8xx processor while its four DIMM slots allow it to handle up to 16GB of dual-channel DDR3 RAM with data transfer rates of 1066 or 1333 MHz as well as 1600, 2000 and 2133 MHz overclocked. Its ATI CrossFireX support allows the P55A Fuzion to handle two matching ATI discrete graphical processors simultaneously for boosted graphical performance. However, the P55A Fuzion also features MSI's Fuzion technology which allows any two discrete GPUs to be used simultaneously with one another, regardless of type or brand.
- LGA1156 CPU socket supports Intel Core i3, i5 and i7-8xx processors
- Supports up to 16GB of dual-channel DDR3 RAM @ 1066 or 1333 MHz and 1600, 2000 and 2133 MHz (O.C.)
- ATI CrossFireX dual-GPU support
- Fuzion technology allows for a variety of dual-GPU setups
- 2 x PCIe x16, 2 x PCIe x1, 2 x PCI
- 1 x USB 3.0, 6 x USB 2.0
- 6 x SATA II, 2 x SATA III