The MSi H55M-P33 is a mid-range motherboard similar to the MSi H55M-P31. The H55M-P33 sports a number of minor improvements over the H55M-P31, all of which are proprietary MSi technologies. These technologies include a universal iPod/iPhone/iPad charger, Live Update 4 BIOS updater and USB Safeguard. Otherwise, the H55M-P33 and H55M-P31 sport the same features, including an LGA1156 CPU socket and support for up to 16GB of DDR3 RAM.
The H55M-P33's i-Charger utility allows for charging of any iPod, iPhone or iPad device directly from your computer while its Live Update 4 BIOS updating technology automatically checks for and applies BIOS updates in the background, making BIOS updates safer and easier. Its USB Safeguard technology protects the H55M-P33 from potential static electricity damage that can occur when plugging in some USB devices. Additionally, the H55M-P33's LGA1156 CPU socket allows it to utilize any Intel Core i3, i5 or i7-8xx processor while its four DIMM slots allow it to handle up to 16GB of dual-channel DDR3 RAM with data transfer rates of 1066 and 1333 MHz or 1600, 2000 and 2133 MHz when overclocking.
- LGA1156 CPU socket supports Intel Core i3, i5 and i7-8xx processors
- Supports up to 16GB of dual-channel DDR3 RAM @ 1066 or 1333 MHz and 1600, 2000 and 2133 MHz (O.C.)
- i-Charger utility allows for direct charging of iPod, iPhone and iPads
- USB Safeguard eliminates risk of static shock
- Live Update 4 BIOS updater automatically updates system BIOS
- 1 x PCIe x16, 2 x PCIe x1
- 6 x USB 2.0 ports
- 6 x SATA II