The MSi H55M-P31 is a mid-range microATX motherboard based on Intel's H55 chipset. It features an LGA1156 CPU socket, for compatibility with the majority of Intel's Core i line of processors, as well as support for up to 16GB of DDR3 RAM. Additionally, the H55M-P31 sports integrated graphics and Active Phase Switching technology.
The H55M-P31's LGA1156 CPU socket provides support for any Intel Core i3, i5 or i7-8xx processor while its four DIMM slots allow it to handle up to 16GB of dual-channel DDR3 RAM with data transfer rates of 1066 and 1333 MHz or 1600, 2000 and 2133 MHz when overclocked. Its integrated graphics processor provides the H55M-P31 with DirectX 10 compatibility as well as 512MB of graphical memory. Meanwhile, the H55M-P31's Active Phase Switching technology ensures that power is delivered to where it is most needed, lowering power consumption without interrupting performance.
- LGA1156 CPU socket supports Intel Core i3, i5 and i7-8xx processors
- Supports up to 16GB of dual-channel DDR3 RAM @ 1066 or 1333 MHz and 1600, 2000 and 2133 MHz (O.C.)
- Integrated GPU provides 512MB of graphical memory
- Active Phase Switching technology
- 1 x PCIe x16, 2 x PCIe x1, 1 x PCI
- 6 x USB 2.0 ports
- 6 x SATA II