The MSi H55-GD65 is a mid-range to high-end ATX motherboard similar to the MSi H55-GD43. The H55-GD65 sports a number of improvements over the H55-GD43, most notably: an eSATA port and an improved integrated graphics unit which provides VGA, HDMI and DVI ports (the H55-GD43's integrated GPU only offers VGA and HDMI). Otherwise, the two motherboards are very similar as both sport an LGA1156 CPU socket, support for up to 16GB of DDR3 RAM and ATI CrossFirex support.
The H55-GD65's integrated graphics unit provides it with out-of-the-box support for high definition video playback, offering VGA, DVI and HDMI outputs for dual-monitor setups. However, for those seeking improved graphical and/or gaming performance, the H55-GD65 also sports two PCIe x16 expansion slots which allow for up to two matching discrete ATI GPUs by way of ATI CrossFireX technology. Meanwhile, the H55-GD65's LGA1156 CPU socket allows it to utilize any Intel Core i3, i5 or i7-8xx processor as well as up to 16GB of dual-channel DDR3 RAM with data transfer rates of 1066 and 1333 MHz or 1600, 2000 and 2133 MHz when overclocking.
- LGA1156 CPU socket supports Intel Core i3, i5 and i7-8xx processors
- Supports up to 16GB of dual-channel DDR3 RAM @ 1066 or 1333 MHz and 1600, 2000 and 2133 MHz (O.C.)
- ATI CrossFireX dual-GPU support
- Active Phase Switching technology
- 2 x PCIe x16, 2 x PCIe x1, 2 x PCI
- 6 x USB 2.0 ports, 1x eSATA
- 7 x SATA II