The MSI G41M-P28 is a low-cost motherboard with on-board support for video and audio in a Micro-ATX form factor. This is similar to the MSI G41M-P26, but has support for faster 10/100/1000 Ethernet and a 6-in-1 audio jack to enable the use of microphones and a complete 7.1 surround sound audio system. The CPU slot uspports Intel LGA775 CPUs, and works with a pair of DDR3 slots that can run up to 8 Gigabytes of memory. Video is handled on-board by an Intel GMA X4500 processor that has full support for DirectX 10, and a PCI-E x16 slot is also available for an added video card. Support for up to 4 SATA II hard drives is built in, and the system comes with 4 rear USB 2.0 ports set up with an additional 4 optional ports at the front.
- Supports Intel Core 2 Quad/Core 2 Duo based processors in LGA775 package.
- Supports Intel Yorkfield, Wolfdale in the LGA775 package.
- Supports Intel next generation 45nm multi-core processors
- Intel G41 Chipset: Supports FSB 800/1066/1333 MHz
- Supports two DIMM DDR3 800/1066/1333*(OC) DRAM, 8GB max
- 4 SATA II ports
- 4 rear USB 2.0 ports
- 7.1 channel audio output
- Integrated Intel Graphics Media Accelerator (Intel GMA X4500), DirectX 10
- 1 x PCI-E x16, 2 x PCI slots
- 10/100/1000 Ethernet LAN
- 6-in-1 audio jack
- 24.5cm(L) x 20.0cm(W) Micro-ATX Form Factor