This Motorola SB6121 Cable Modem was designed for home use to achieve faster data speeds. This modem uses DOCSIS 3.0 technology and can give data rates of over 100 Mbps with the capacity to use four upstream and four downstream channels. It is compatible with Mac, Windows and UNIX computers.
- install by plugging in and playing
- Front panel LEDs
- Multi-language user guides
- Supports standard internet software
- Backward-compatible to DOCSIS/EuroDOCSIS 1.x and 2.0
- DOCSIS 3.0-certified (EuroDOCSIS 3.0-based)
- Channel bonding of up to 4 downstream and 4 upstream channels
- 1 GHz capable tuners
- Supports IPv4 and IPv6 to expand network addressing capabilities
- Compatible with Windows, Macintosh, and UNIX computers.
- Gigabit Ethernet (RJ-45) data port enable flexible, high-speed connectivity with Auto Negotiate and Auto MDIX
- Supports Advanced Encryption Services (AES) traffic encryption
- Remotely configurable and monitorable using SNMP and TFTP
The SB6121 is compatible with the following operating systems:
- Windows 7
- Windows Vista, Service Pack 1 or later
- Windows XP, Service Pack 2 or later
- Mac 10.4 or later (Ethernet connection only)
- UNIX (Ethernet connection only)
- Linux (Ethernet connection only)
DOCSIS 3.0 gives channel-bonding technology to utilize up to four upstream and four downstream channels. This creates faster service. Cable providers generally give about 50 Mbps of downstream data throughput, but with DOCSIS 3.0 each channel gives about 40 Mbps.
- Cable internet service is required with this cable modem
- It is compatible with all the main cable providers
Frequently Asked Questions
Does this modem work with Time Warner cable internet?
Yes, it does work with Time Warner.
Add New FAQ
- Network Data Transfer Rate 160 Megabits Per Second
- Hardware Platform PC
- Model SB6121
Add New Resource