If you're ready to take your ideas and designs from paper or CAD file to the next level, the Monoprice MAKER SELECT 3D Printer is the ideal starter solution for your needs! Unlike kit-based printers, which require a certain level of knowledge, experience, and time to assemble, the MAKER SELECT 3D Printer is assembled using only 6 screws and includes everything you need to begin printing right out of the box.
With the ability to print any type of 3D filament and a price point lower than most DIY kits, this entry-level 3D printer is the easiest and least expensive way to join the 3D printing revolution!
Includes 2GB micro SD card preloaded with printable 3D models out of the box Includes sample PLA filament so you can print right out of the box Heated build plate allows for high-reliability printing of slow cooling materials, such as ABS Can use compatible software, such as Cure, Repeater, or Simplify 3D Expanded user's manual with detailed, easy-to-follow assembly and usage instructions Tighten just 6 screws and be printing in 10 minutes Choose to give the innovative and creative gift of learning.
- Unlike DIY kits, this printer comes almost fully assembled, requiring just 4 screws to secure the frame to the base and 2 screws to attach the filament holder
- Such as Cure, Repeater, or Simplify 3D, the MAKER SELECT 3D Printer is compatible with Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux
- The large 8" x 8" build plate and generous 7" vertical spacing means that you can print larger, more complex models
- The heated build plate allows you to print slower cooling materials, such as ABS and modified ABS, as well as PLA and PLA blends
- Use a micro SD card to store sliced G Code files, then plug the card into the micro SD card slot to print without the need to connect to a Windows or Mac PC
Print with any type of 3D filament including ABS-based, PLA-based, XT copolyester, PET, TPU, TPC, FPE, PVA, HIPS, Jelly, Foam, and Felty.
Frequently Asked Questions
What firmware does this printer use?
It uses custom firmware for the Melzi board it has. You can't change it to Marlin or Sailfish (for example) without changing the electronics.
What is the nozzle size?
The installed nozzle is .4mm.
Do I need to calibrate it?
Yes. As the other poster suggested you will have to level the print bed. That was all the calibration I needed to do in order to start printing with success. But there's always a chance more will need to be done.
Add New FAQ
- Power Consumption 250 watts
- AC Input 100 ~ 240 VAC, 50/60 Hz
- Construction Powder coated steel
- Connectivity USB, MicroSD card
- Build Plate Temperature 60 - 80°C
- Extruder Temperature 0 - 230°C
- Printing Speed 10 - 100 mm/sec
- Filament Diameter 1.75mm
- Build Volume 443 cu in (7200cc)
- Build Plate Heated aluminum
Add New Resource