Trials HD is an Xbox Live Arcade game released on August 12 by RedLynx, as part of the 2nd Xbox Live Summer of Arcade. It is a unique game in the sense that it is a combination motorcross/puzzle game in which the player must maneuver through a course as fast as possible while making the least number of faults (any crash, spill, strong collision, etc.). The catch is that the controls are limited to gas, brake, lean forward, and lean back because the course is 2D (with 3D graphics). The trick is to drive the course as smoothly as possible, make sure not to lose time by bouncing, rocking, or having to retread a section. The game sells for 1200 Microsoft points (~$15 USD, $17 CAD) and is available as a free demo download.
- Two game modes: Trials Racing and Skill Games
- 51 total tracks
- Create custom tracks with a level editor and upload them to the community
- Advanced physics engine with realistic 3D simulation
- Online leaderboard (per track, skill, overall)
- Price: 1200 Microsoft Points ($15 USD)