The Microsoft LifeCam VX-5000 model is a high-end desktop webcam designed specifically for casual in-home use, but it can also be used while on the go and during travel. The VX-5000 supports VGA (640 x 480px) photos and videos at 30 frames per second. The VX-5000 lens has a 3x digital zoom, and a focus depth from 21"-60". Boasting several quick access features such as one touch blogging through Windows Live Spaces, a Windows Live call button and a special photo swap function which allows quick access to an internet video call, the VX-5000 includes a built-in microphone for audio.
The VX-5000 webcam also includes additional features such as a flexible base that can bend, fold and shape to fit on any type of computer screen, special video effects built into the LifeCam dashboard, a Microsoft 3 year limited warranty, and broad IM compatibility (Works with: Windows Live, AOL Instant Messenger, Yahoo! Messenger, Microsoft Office Communicator, and Skype). The webcam exterior is also available in three different colors; Fire Red, Cool Blue or Lucky Green.
- Camera: 3x digital zoom, world class VGA optics, and focus depth of 21"-60"
- High resolution 640 x 480 pixel videos at 30 frames per second
- Takes High-res (640 x 480) still photos
- Automatic audio control with built in microphone
- Flexible base that can conform to any shape; enables custom fit on any computer monitor even laptops
- One touch blogging, Windows Live call button, Photo Swap and internet video call features
- Includes built in special video effects through lifecam dashboard software
- Available in three separate colors: Fire Red, Cool Blue, and Lucky Green
- Microsoft 3 year limited warranty
- Broad IM compatibility; Works with: Windows Live, AOL Instant Messenger, Yahoo! Messenger, Microsoft Office Communicator, and Skype
- Windows Vista® or Windows® XP with Service Pack 2 (SP2) or later
- Intel Pentium®4 1.8 GHz (Pentium 4.3 or higher recommended) or higher
- 256 MB of RAM or higher (500MB recommended)
- 400–1250 MB hard drive space free
- Broadband Internet access required
- USB 1.1 port or higher (USB 2.0 recommended)
- CD-ROM drive
- Display adapter capable of 16-bit color depth or higher, 2 MB or more video memory
- Internet Explorer 6 or later browser software required for installation
Add New Resource