Michelin's Energy Saver A/S tire is intended for use on passenger cars and minivans, and its main feature is that it helps reduce fuel consumption. This is for two main reasons, the first being that the tread design is made to allow for easier rolling, requiring less engine work, and the second is a special tread rubber that keeps the tire cooler, again helping efficiency. Michelin estimates that the total difference between the Energy Saver A/S and standard tires is 8% fuel efficiency. For the envrionmentally-conscious, this also means less CO2 emissions. The tread rubber is silica-based, which also improves stopping distances regardless of road conditions. This is an all-season tire.
- All-season tire
- For cars and minivans
- Special tread rubber keeps tire cool
- Shorter stopping/braking distances
- Tread pattern rolls easily, reducing fuel consumption
- Up to 8% more fuel efficient than standard Michelin tires
- Deep grooves and lateral grooves help expel water