The Marantz IS301 is a high-end iPod dock released in mid-2009. This dock has four separate components: the receiver unit, the dock base station, a wireless iPod holder and the IR remote control.
The IS301’s receiver unit has audio/video outputs that plug into a stereo system. The base station dock connects to the receiver via one or two CAT-5 Ethernet cables, allowing the two components to be placed a reasonable distance apart. The Ethernet cable carries video signals in addition to audio, meaning one can navigate iPod menus and albums on an external display. The iPod holder detaches from the docking station, allowing it to transmit audio wirelessly via Bluetooth. Unfortunately, this product is not dockable with the iPhone. Other Bluetooth compatible devices – such as mobile phones, PDAs or PCs can also send music the IS301.
- Compatible with All Marantz A/V Receivers
- Wireless Audio & Amp. Control Transmission
- 1 or 2 CAT-5 Ethernet cable for transmission of audio & video
- Bluetooth A2DP Profile (mobile phone compatibility)
- Component/S-Video/Video out
- Charges iPod by AC adaptor
- RS-232C terminal for iPod control
- Marantz D-bus System Remote Terminal
- Wireless Card Remote (Control for iPod on the dock)