The Marantz SR5003 is a mid-line AV receiver with many features of a more high-end system. The exterior panel is a combination of aluminum extrusion and glass-reinforced resin which protects the inner circuitry and absorbs internal and external resonance. The interior design includes an engineered linear power supply specially chosen capacitors, and follows Marantz tradition by mounting all audio circuits on seperate circuit board for maximum isolation and minimum interference. The seven in-line channels have 90 watts of power each, and use components chosen based on the results of listening tests for best sound quality. The Texas Instruments micro-processor allows compatibility with high quality digital audio formats such as Dolby TrueHD, DTS-HD in high resolution and Master Audio implementation, DSD and Dolby Digital among others.
The included Audyssey MultEQ allows you to modify the sound for up to six individual seats, as well as performing various auto-configurations to optimize the soundfield. The MDAX (Marantz Dynamic Audio eXpander) performs dynamic analysis of compressed signals, such as MP3 or AM/FM, and recreates the missing high frequency spectrum for enhanced sound. For audio, this unit has eight analog audio inputs, six digital inputs, three analog out and one digital out. For video, there are three HDMI inputs, all of which are version 1.3 capable, an HDMI out, three component inputs, five S-video and five composite inputs, as well as two outputs for component, S-video and composite. Analog video sources can be converted to 480i up to 1080i to the resolution of your choice thanks to th i-Chips Technology converter. The various video outputs as well as the analog and digital Zone 2 audio outputs make the SR5003 a starting point to running a whole house entertainment system. Other features include a backlit remote control, lock out front panel and options such as the eight HDMI input VS3002 or satellite radio adaptor.
- Sophisticated new aluminum/reinforced resin front panel
- High Bit Rate Audio capability: Dolby TrueHD, dts-HD Master Audio
- HDMI v1.3a repeating (3 in/1 out)
- Audyssey MultEQ
- M-DAX for compressed audio
- 10bit Video converter to HDMI (interlaced to progressive and scaler)
- Dual component video output
- Analog and digital multi-zone outputs
- In-line seven channel amplifiers/High definition audio design
- New FL display
- Updated backlit Learning remote controller
- Various control interfaces: RS-232C, Flasher-in, DC trigger
- Multiple radio system (AM/FM/XM/SIRIUS)