The Marantz PM8004 is a high-end stereo amplifier, released in 2010. This amp prominently features a variety of technologies engineered to produce the best sound quality the unit’s capable of. This product comes with a detachable AC cord and IR connection, meaning it can fit into tight spaces or be rack-mounted if preferred.
The Marantz PM8004 can be used in two output modes: 100W/ch at 4 ohms or 70W/ch at 8 ohms. This allows users to choose between overall volume or sound sensitivity. The power transformer is of the double shielded toroidal type, designed to prevent interference caused by the power source. The phono input feeds through a buffered circuit, minimizing interaction between the source material and the amp for improved sound. Along with A/B switching, the speaker terminals are custom made by Mirantz. Tone control dials include bass, mid and treble, while a source direct mode is also available for those who want unaltered sound.
- 100W/ch (4 ohms), 70W(8 ohms) RMS Power (20Hz-20kHz)
- Current Feedback topology for power amp and volume amp
- marantz HDAM-SA3 circuit
- Tri Tone Control (Bass/Mid/Treble)
- Constant Current Feedback circuit for MM Phono Equalizer
- Double shielded Toroidal Power Transformer
- Triple Layered chassis
- 3 analog L/R Inputs, 2 recorder In/Out
- Power Amp Direct In for a use as a power amplifier
- Pre Out jacks
- marantz D-Bus(RC-5) Remote In/Out
- Auto Power Off function