The Marantz PM-KI-PEARL is a high-end integrated amplifier, released in late 2009. This product is designed by Ken Ishiwata, with its sandblasted and brushed deep black metal enclosure. As a reference-level model, this amp is designed to provide top notch audio quality with a customized aesthetic.
The power supply uses a high-capacity toroidal transformer, which feeds into capacitors specifically chosen for their audio reproduction qualities. Output power is set at either 90 watts at 8 ohms, or 140 watts at 4 ohms. Both the headphone and CD Direct input amplifier is current-buffered, meaning the unit’s signal path will remain distortion-free. Phono input receives the same treatment, making the PM-KI-PEARL ideal for use with vinyl records. Other features include separate “pre out” and “main in” terminals, however Marantz’s proprietary F.C.B.S. system allows for a multichannel setup as well. On the front users will find a LCD panel for checking volume, among other settings.
- Limited Edition Ken Ishiwata 30th Anniversary Design
- 5mm Thick Heavy Aluminum Top Cover
- Toroidal Transformer with Non-magnetic Aluminum Shield Case
- Copper Plated Chassis with a Double Layered Bottom Plate
- Solid Aluminum Machined Feet
- Marantz HDAM (Hyper Dynamic Amplifier Module)-SA3
- Fully Discrete Constant Current Feedback Phono Equalizer
- High Accurate Volume Control IC for Linear Control Volume
- CD Direct Input Buffer Circuit w/ HDAM-SA2
- Current Feedback Power Amplifier featuring V/I Servo
- Pearl (Silk Black) in Color