The Magellan Triton 500 is a lower-priced model from the Triton family of handheld GPS receivers. It features a 2.2-inch full colour display screen, a 3-axis electronic compass which displays stationary heading and bearing, weather predictions through a built-in barometer along with pre-loaded maps and the option to install third-party maps which show major landmarks (such as cities, lakes, rivers, etc.). The Triton 500's SD card slot allows for storage expansions for additional files such as added maps.
- 2.2-inch full colour display
- 3-axis electronic compass
- Barometer for weather prediction
- Pre-loaded maps and compatibility with third-party maps
- Maps display major landmarks for navigation (cities, lakes, rivers, etc.)
- SD card slot for storage expansion