The M-Audio Studiophile AV40 speaker pair is a mid-grade desktop set designed with pure audiophiles in mind. The set includes two high-fidelity 20-watt-per-channel speakers designed with class A/B internal amplifiers. Each AV40 speaker unit includes a 4" polypropelene coated woofer and a 1" diameter magnetically shielded silk dome tweeter. The M-Audio AV40 speaker set is specifically optimized for all types of computer audio including music, movies and games. The set comes with integrated M-audio technology which the company claims is used by "pros in studios all around the world". The body cabinet of each speaker is designed with an angled frame and is composed of wood construction.
The tight and accurate low frequency response provides warm sound including crisp highs and very clear mids and lows. Optimage III wave technology ensures the enhanced and superior output of stereo sound. The M-Audio StudioPhile AV40 speaker pair includes additional features such as magnetic shielding for enhanced protection, a lightweight and portable design, a set of ¼” TRS balanced and RCA unbalanced inputs, a 1/8” headphone output, a 1/8” stereo auxiliary input, front panel volume and on/off controls, and stylish blue LED power indicator lights.
- Mid-grade desktop speaker pair
- Two high-fidelity 20 watt-per-channel speakers; class A/B internal amplifiers for each
- Drivers: 4" polypropelene coated woofer and a 1" diameter magnetically shielded silk dome tweeter
- Angled body cabinet design with wooden construction
- Optimage III wave technology support
- Magnetic shielding for enhanced protection
- Inputs: ¼” TRS balanced and RCA unbalanced inputs, a 1/8” headphone output, a 1/8” stereo auxiliary input
- Front panel volume, bass boost and on/off controls
- Blue LED power indicator lights
- Frequency Response: 85Hz - 20kHz
- Sensitivity: > 90dB (typical, A-weighted)
- Dimensions: 8.75" (H) x 6" (W) x 7.25" (D)
- Weight: 14 lbs