The LinkSys EtherFast BEFSR41-RM is a wired router manufactured by Cisco. It allows for multiple computers within the same household to share an Internet connection. It features a 4-port switch, support for DCHP and Universal Plug-and-Play (UPnP), and QoS Prioritization. When compared to another model in the EtherFast line, the BEFVP41, the BEFSR41-RM lacks the various encryption capabilities. However, it still serves its function as an inexpensive network splitter.
The 4-port switch of the BEFSR41-RM allows up to four computers to share the same Internet connection. In addition, one may also link up to more hubs or switches, to connect further computers to a network. The DCHP support enables users to automatically obtain a temporary IP address, while the UPnP support lets users connect and set up their network connection seamlessly. QoS Prioritization is used in order to optimize the speed of a users network.
- 4-Port Cable/DSL switch
- DCHP and UPnP support
- QoS Prioritization (based on port or service type)
- Included Set-Up wizard
- Built-in NAT security
- Firewall (with MAC address and port filtering)
- Supports IPSec and PPTP Passthrough
- Upgradable through Internet connection
- Able to automatically detect straight or cross-over cable
- Supports Windows 98SE/ME/2000/XP